It is most easy to follow this article when the language of your system is set in English.
Step 1: connect the recorder to internet
Connect the recorder with a networkcable to your modem or router (the 'box' from your internet). Use these connections:
- On the recorder: "internet" or "WAN"
- On your router or modem: "ethernet" or "LAN"
Step 2: Set the recorder
Use the mouse and go to the bottom of the screen to reach the menu:
- Go to ADVANCED CONFIG and then to NETWORK
- Change network type to 'DHCP' and click exit
- Go again to advanced config and then network. Some settings have changed.
- Note the (new) number of your gateway
- Change network type back to "STATIC" and leave it open
- Settings may have changed. Make sure gateway is unchanged
- Enter at ip the number of the gateway, however change the last 3 digits behind the dot in "123"
- Note this number as well. This is the IP address of your recorder
- Click exit
Check if it works. Use a computer within your network and enter the IP address in a webbrowser. (start with http://). Is your browser asking to install a plugin or showing a display "Anytime anywhere"?. Then this step is succesfully completed.
Step 3: Set up your router
- Use a computer within your network and open a browser
- Browse to http:// follow by the gateway as noted in step 2
- Log in on your router
- Go to the page with settings about "Port Forwarding". The name and location of these settings differ for each router. Normally they contain a combination of the words “Port” and “Forward” or “Redirection”. In some routers you can find them in a menu about “Applications & Gaming”, “Gateway” or “Nat”.
- To open the port. A few settings have to be made. The order and names may differ for each router:
- Sometimes you can name the setting "Bascom"
- Enter "80" on all places asked for a port
- Always select "TCP" protocol
- Enter at "IP" the IP address from the recorder (see step 2)
- "Enable" the setting if possible
- After the setting is done go to: www.whatsmyip.org. Write down the shown IP address. This is your extern IP address. Note this number. You can reach your camerasystem online with this address.
Check if it works. Use a computer outside your network and enter the IP address in a webbrowser. (start with http://). Is your browser asking to install a plugin or showing a display "Anytime anywhere"? Then this step is succesfully completed.
Is your router using a dynamic IP address? Then use DDNS.